Membership in the BCCFA is available to community organizations that support the vision, mission, purposes and guiding principles of the Association.
A Full BCCFA Membership is for groups that:
- Have a forest tenure (through a Community Forest Agreement or through other tenures such as Forest Licenses and Tree Farm Licenses),
- Are community organizations that are seeking to obtain local forest management rights or in the application process (including a municipality, regional district, band council, tribal council, community-based corporation, cooperative or non-profit society).
Full Member Benefits
- Full Members of the Association have the right to elect Directors and to vote on key decisions.
- Receive a monthly newsletter that keeps you informed on important issues and events. You will have access to the Board minutes, The detailed Executive Director’s Report and internal documents of the organization through links sent in the member exclusive version of the newsletter.
- Linkage with operating community forests and communities working to obtain Community Forest Agreements (CFA) to exchange ideas and information, sharing problems and solutions through access to staff and the members listserv.
- Access to emerging information on CFA developments and operating community forests through the BCCFA network and activities.
- You will have access to a wealth of information through our Extension Program services that are available only to members. Our experienced staff can provide you with or connect you to the many resources available, which include building relationships, management issues, policy for boards, managers, policy templates, and so much more.
- The BCCFA staff and board advocate to government on your behalf. They address important issues which include policies, tabular rates, long term tenure, administrative streamlining, community forest expansion, open burning, etc.
- Promotion of the unique aspects of community forestry with government, academics and forest professionals.
- The BCCFA holds an Annual General Meeting & Conference for members to network and learn from each other on issues of importance. Our members receive a reduced rate.
- The promotion of community forest products and services of our members are supported through the BCCFA website.
- The BCCFA is a forward thinking organization. We are eager to initiate and manage special projects on important topics identified by members.
Interested in joining us? Contact us
Our current BCCFA member organizations