Membership with the BC Community Forest Association provides you with benefits and opportunities that include
- A monthly newsletter that keeps you informed on important issues and events. You will have access to the Board minutes and internal documents of the organization through links sent in the member exclusive version of the newsletter.
- Linkage with operating community forests and communities working to obtain Community Forest Agreements (CFA) to exchange ideas and information, sharing problems and solutions through access to staff and the members listserv.
- Access to emerging information on CFA developments and operating community forests through the BCCFA network and activities.
- You will have access to a wealth of information through our Extension Program services that are available only to members. Our experienced staff can provide you with or connect you to the many resources available, which include; building relationships, management issues, policy for boards, managers, policy templates, and so much more.
- The BCCFA staff and board advocate to government on your behalf. They address important issues which include policies, tabular rates, long term tenure, administrative streamlining, community forest expansion, open burning, etc.
- Promotion of the unique aspects of community forestry with government, academics and forest professionals.
- The BCCFA holds an Annual General Meeting & Conference for members to network and learn from each other on issues of importance. Our members receive a reduced rate.
- The promotion of community forest products and services of our members are supported through the BCCFA website.
- The BCCFA is a forward thinking organization. We are eager to initiate and manage special projects on important topics identified by members.
There are three BCCFA Member categories
Full Member - For those that have a forest tenure or community organizations that are seeking to obtain local forest management rights
Associate Member - Available to individuals and organizations that support community forestry.
Interested in one of the membership categories? Contact us
See the list of current BCCFA member organizations
Promote and support the practice and expansion of sustainable community forest management in British Columbia.
A network of rural community based organizations engaged in community forest management, and those seeking to establish new community forests.
A vision of a global movement committed to culturally, ecologically, and economically sustainable forestry.
Community forest products are good for the forests, good for the community, good for the buyers and users of wood. Find out more