(Vancouver)—The Association of BC Forest Professionals presented awards to five forest professionals who made significant contributions to the profession and study of forestry, ensuring BC’s forests are managed to the highest environmental standards. The awards were presented Thursday in Prince George during a ceremony at the ABCFP’s annual conference. “These awards recognize the dedication, expertise and achievements of forest professionals. Congratulations to the award winners; their achievements serve as an inspiration to all our members who diligently and passionately work day in and day out to ensure BC’s forests are sustainably managed for future generations,” said Christopher Stagg, ABCFP president.
- Distinguished Forest Professional Award: Paul Lawson, RPF, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Distinguished Forest Professional Award: John Armstrong, RFT, ATE, Infinity Forest Solutions, Kamloops
- Distinguished Forest Professional Award: Rita Winkler, PhD, RPF, Ministry of Forest Lands and Natural Resource Operations, Kamloops
- Registered Professional Forester of the year: Ian Smith, RPF, BC Timber Sales, Terrace
- Registered Forest Technologist of the year: John Hopper, RFT, BC Timber Sales, Kamloops
New announcement on process and funding for policy reforms