Wetzin’kwa has 5 projects, 3 approved and 2 pending –
- Hudson Bay Mountain Road Fuel Break A – Prescription Development
- BVNC/Seymour Ridge Fuel Break – Prescription Development
- Hudson Bay Mountain Road Fuel Break B – Prescription Development
- Hudson Bay Mountain Road Fuel Break A – Operational Treatment – pending approval
- BVNC/Seymour Ridge Fuel Break – Operational Treatment – pending approval
May, 2021 It has been a busy spring!
Update from Shane S. van de Water, BSF, RPF, Wildfire Risk Reduction Officer, Wetzin’kwa Community Forest
We have been hard at work on the Wetzin’kwa WRR prescription development projects as well as collaborating with BCWS and FLNRORD on adjacent WRR projects within the community forest. We have pulled together a small media team internally who will be helping to produce our public engagement materials. As an example our team quickly pulled together a short video this past winter highlighting a collaborative WRR project with Mountain Resorts Branch. The video can be viewed here. Our media team will be out capturing prescription development material over the next few weeks. We’re excited to see what they produce as they have significantly increased their capacity to produce this material, have more lead time to gather footage, and have some great ideas for content.