British Columbia Community Forest Association
Incorporated under the BC Society Act on April 8, 2002
- The name of the society is British Columbia Community Forest Association
- The purposes of the society are:
- To work to ensure the viability of community forest initiatives.
- To provide education on community forestry issues.
- To assist community forest practitioners in accessing resources required to succeed.
- To promote community forest management as a strategy for community economic development.
The provincial government required all societies to comply with the new Societies Act by November 2018. At the 2018 BCCFA AGM in Burns Lake, the membership approved an updated set of bylaws that meet the compliance requirements and reflect some unique approaches of the BCCFA, such as voting members are organizations and a guide for consensus decision making for the board of directors.