The Xaxli’p Community Forest Corporation is looking for a self-motivated and experienced individual to fill the role of Community Forest Manager. The Community Forest Manager will work under the direction of the XCFC Board. We are looking for someone who is an organized, diligent professional with a conservation ethic and excellent written and verbal communication skill. The successful applicant will have practical experience with running a small business or organization, obtaining funding through grants and/or foundations, and understanding natural resource laws and policies.
• Degree or Diploma in forestry, natural resource management, or a related subject;
• Experience in managing small organizations in fiscally responsible ways;
• Success in acquisition of contracts, grants and foundation funding;
• Extensive experience in working with First Nations and comfortable with a culturally-based approach to forest protection and use;
• Experience managing a forest tenure in British Columbia;
• Field experience in design, implementation, and monitoring of forest restoration;
• Experience managing field crews, including annual planning and day-to-day leadership;
• Demonstrated competence in working with communities in open, inclusive ways to incorporate the needs of the community in forest plans and operations;
• Demonstrated competence in written and oral communication;
• Experience with computer word processing, spread sheets, and database programs;
• Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Forest Technician (RFT) in B.C. or eligible to become an RPF or RFT;
• Familiarity with GIS and its application in forest planning.
Position is 37.5 hours per week; salary is negotiable depending on skills and experience.
XCFC employees receive an excellent benefits package.
Please submit applications to email@example.com by January 21, 2020.Job Advertisement – Community Forest Manager – 2020