The Harrop Procter Community Forest is located in the Southeast Fire Centre.
Harrop Procter Community Co-operative (HPCC) has 5 projects with an allocation of $184,070 in funding and generating 356 person days of employment. These projects all contribute to HPCC’s strategic goal of completing a fuel break above Harrop and Procter. They are all adjacent to other treated areas.
- Procter-Carson WUI Prescription Development – 60 ha
- Harrop TU2 (Lasca Road) Operational Treatment – 2 ha
- Harrop TU1/ 152 WUI cleanup Operational Treatment – 30 ha
- West Procter TU4 Operational Treatment – 4 ha
- East Harrop Ridge fuel break maintenance Operational Treatment – 11 ha
“The work we are doing in Harrop-Procter is not a simple point-in-time intervention. The fuel treatments are part of a larger strategy and a broader community conversation about climate change and ecosystem resilience.” – Erik Leslie, Forest Manager, Harrop Procter Community Co-operative
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Documents at this link include: Copy of the 2024